It has been a long time since I posted recipes. It is not that I stopped sharing but need some time to load them up. I will continue to share my recipes as long as it is "allow".
This is an adapted or slightly tweaked recipes from Martha Steward - Cupcake book. It is very soft and light, flavorful as well due to the fact that it uses buttermilk. Do give it a try.
Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes
95g cake flour
60g plain flour
1/4tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
90g unsalted butter (omit salt if using salted butter)
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
160ml buttermilk (if not, add 1tsp of vinegar to milk and stand for 30mins before using)
1tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat over to 175 degree.
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
3. Add in whole eggs one at a time, follow by then yolk.
4. Add flour and milk in 2 batches, alternating
5. Lastly the vanilla.
6. Fill cupcake liners to about 3/4 full and bake for 20 mins.