Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Got this recipe from IK. It really have simple to make, not much effort needed. But I had made a few mistakes or didn't follow the steps so it didn't turn out as good as it is suppose to be. Going to try it again.
Mango Mousse Cake from Imperial Kitchen
360g whipped cream (I use non dairy Pour and whip)
330g mango puree
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
mango cubes (optional)
Gelatin powder 20g
water 4 tbsp
1. soak gelatine with water... dissolved it with microwave.
2. Pour mango puree in whipped cream add in gelatine mixture n lemon juice.
3. Add in mango cubes
Mango mirror(recipe from Baking Mum):
150 gm mango puree
50 gm water
1 tbsp gelatine powder
Dissolve gelatine with water. Add in mango puree. Pouring over the cake.
U can use a basic sponge cake recipe or swiss roll recipe for the sponge (I took it from Baking Mum)
100 gm cake flour
100 gm castor sugar
12 gm spongecake stabliser
25 gm milk
90 gm melted butter
Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl.
Beat everything on high for at least 7 mins until ribbon stage. This means that if you use your whisk with batter to write an "8" on the batter won't sink in but will appear visible for a while. This will be the right constitency for your batter. Add in melted butter at this stage and mix in thoroughly.
Line with baking paper. Pour batter into the tin and bake it in a preheated oven at 190C for about 20-30 mins. When done, remove the cake from the tin immediately and leave it on wire rack to cool.
1. Wrap cake ring with cling film (this is to prevent the mousse from leaking out)
2. lay 1 piece of sponge in center of cake ring. Sponge should be slightly smaller than ring.
3. pour half the mango mousse on the cake layer.
4. place 2nd layer of sponge on the mousse then pour in remaining mousse and let it chill in fridge till almost set.
5. Do the mango mirror. And pour it over the set mousse. and chill till set.
We did cranberry and choc chip cookies. This is the all time favorite. Siying and Mingjie did it, while I supervised. Hehe.
Tried Mango Mousse Cake for the first time. Had this as deserts No.1. Quite easy to make. Will post the recipe later.
Another all time favorite. STEAMBOAT!!! 5 of us (ricky, me, shan, caihui and mingjie), we finished everything. The soup is very good! =)
Sinfully sinful.... Chocolate Fondue as the last deserts.
Look at Shan's face... the tower is going to collapse. She is wild when it comes to playing. (-.-''')This is the first time that I have enjoyed playing Uno stack so much. It was so exciting, I held my breath a few time......
Saturday, June 9, 2007
This brownies is made by Caihui and Constance! Not bad, very nice for a first try hehehe. =)
Recipes can be found in earlier post.
Source: Sweet Decadenze
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites, room temperature
3/4 cup milk
1 1/4 cups crushed oreo cookies (10 cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake or muffin liners.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Leave aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5. Add in the vanilla extract.
6. Add in the egg whites one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
7. Working in 4 or 5 additions, alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the wet ingredients. Keep the mixer on low speed while doing so.
8. When just combined, stir in the crushed oreos.
9. Spoon batter evenly into liners, filling each about 2/3 full.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove individual cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in air-tight container if not serving.
This was made during Emerge for my N371 as breakfast! Its very soft and nice. =)
Source: Kitchen Capers
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar (original recipe yields for 1 cup)
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup margarine
6 tablespoons UHT milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
2 In a separate bowl cream margarine and sugar, add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir in milk and mashed banana and mix well.
3 Fold in flour mixture into the liquid ingredients until combined.
4 Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds of the way full.
5 Bake in a preheated 170 degrees C oven for 25mins