I saw this recipe a few weeks ago on How to Eat a Cupcake, but I didn't take down the recipe. This weekend, I wanted to try a new vanilla cupcake recipe. I tried to recall the recipe that I saw and start baking. In and out the oven, they went. Results is the best vanilla cupcake that I ever made/had. I simply love the texture and aroma of this cupcake. It just taste heavenly. =D
Must try recipe.
Basic Golden Cupcake
160g sifted cake flour
1/2tbsp baking powder
113g unsalted butter, room temperature
100g eggs (about 2 medium eggs)
1 egg yolk
1tsp vanilla extract
Makes 12-13 cupcakes.
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree.
2. Beat butter until creamy. Add in sugar gradually and beat on high speed for about 2 mins.
3. Reduce speed and add in 1 egg at a time, followed by the yolk.
3. Add in the vanilla extract and beat.
4. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together. Add flour and milk in 3 alternate portion.
5. Fill cupcake liner to 3/4 filled and bake for 18-20 mins.
6. Remove and cool on rack. Enjoy.