Friday, March 13, 2009

Chocolate Blueberry Cupcake

Last weekend, I had hubby to take care of Atalie so that I can do some baking. Been sourcing around, with ideas from here and there, I came up with this. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures as I was too tired after a few hours of baking.

The cupcake was good and refreshing. Something different from what I would usually bake. Texture wise, it's soft and crumbly. Will definately bake this again. Probably will try out a few other more blueberry recipes, so I can quickly use up the blueberry filling that I have. I bought the blueberry filling from Phoon Huat, I must say that it is quite good. Not too sweet, taste is just right.

If you see from my to-bake-list, I'm going to also attempt to bake some cut-out cookies/shortbread. I have some recipes that I have baked before, but it's good to try more recipes. And as I've just bought a new gadget, a lettering imprint set from Germany, suppose it will turn out to be interesting. =) Will update soon ya.

Ps: Some time last year, I had baked some white chocolate cookies. After trying out, I had the combination that I like which I find it close to Subway cookie, will post the recipe here soon too.

Chocolate Blueberry Cupcake

Makes 12 regular
100g Self-raising flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
25g cocoa powder
75g chocolate, chopped
100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
60g caster sugar
40g brown sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
12 tsp of blueberry jam/filling

Preheat oven to 180 degree.

Melt chocolate block, either microwave or water bath and leave to cool.
Beat butter and sugars together till pale and fluffy. Then beat in 1 egg at a time.
Sift flour, soda and cocoa powder into the mixture and fold well.
Stir in melted chocolate.
Scoop mixture in the cups, add in the blueberry, follow by another scoop of mixture to about 3/4 full.
Bake for about 20 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.

No comments: