Taken from Amanda blog. Please go to her blog for the original recipe. I have half the recipe. Have yet to taste it. Will update later.
Make 5 muffins
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 175 Degree C.
2. In a mixing bowl mash together the shortening and sugar.
3. Add the egg and whisk it all up until it is smooth.
4. Measure the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into the bowl.
5. Pour in the milk.
6. Mix the batter with a whisk/fork until it is just combine. do not overbeat.
7. Drop the mixture into muffin cups. Make sure not to over fill the muffin cups, 1/2 to 2/3 full is full enough.
8. Bake for 25-30mins, till an inserted skewer comes out clean and muffins top are slightly brown.