Delayed post of this recipe for almost 1 month. This is very nice, just the way I love it. The texture is a little crispy but melts immediately in your mouth with a aroma of the lavendar flowers. It's a must try and a keeper for me.
1. Preheat oven to 165 degree. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sift both flours together, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
4. Add flour and mix till combine.
5. Add in the lavendar flowers into the flour mixture.
6. Make dough into a log shape, cover with cling wrap and chill it for an 1 hour. When ready, slice them about 0.8cm thick (thickness up to you).
7. Bake for about 18 mins or till sides turn golden brown. Leave it to cool in tray.
I did quite a few batches to experienment. Parchment paper will help the dough to hold it shapes very well.
For plain shortbread, you may omit the lavendar and use 1 tsp of vanilla extract instead. Add the vanilla extract together with the sugar and butter (step 3).