This is the chewy and a little sticky kind of chocolate chips cookies. Recently, have got craving to bake cookies especially chocolate chips. I have not found one that I'm very satisfied with. I think my expectation too high le. This is really nice thou, got good reviews. But it is just me, expect too much. I have reduced the sugar a little.
Chocolate Chips Cookies
Source: She paints the kitchen red
220g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature (if using salted butter, omit salt)
110g granulated sugar
90g light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
185g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. have ready 2 ungreased baking sheets. sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper; set aside.
2. in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter till fluffy and pale yellow. add the sugars and continue beating till mixture is no longer gritty. add egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.
3. add the flour mixture and mix on low speed or stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. add the chocolate chips and the walnuts, if using, mixing or stirring until just blended.
4. with dampened hands, shape the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
5. bake the cookies until golden brown around the edges, about 12 minutes. let the cookies cool briefly on the sheets before transferring them to the racks to cool completely.