Tuesday, April 14, 2009
A very nice and easy to do Banana Cake. Adapted from Yochana's website. =)
180g unsalted butter, room temperature
100g fine sugar
50g brown sugar (Orginal yields for 180g sugar, mine is the not so sweet version)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
250g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
220g banana - mashed
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree.
2. Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
4. Add in yoghurt and milk and mix well. (*The mixture will be curdled, this is normal)
5. Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Add into the mixture and beat till just combined.
6. Pour into an 8" lined ckae pan and arrange the sliced banana on top.
7. Bake for about 50-60mins, or till cooked.