Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I adapted the recipe from CakeJournal. This is indeed a very simple and easy to make recipe. However, the taste is somewhat lacking, quite bland. It's good to try out this recipe for those who want to do cut-out cookies for the first time, I would say it's quite no fail. The dough is easy to manage and the cookie keeps its shape and doesn't break easily.
200g sugar (I used powered sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g unsalted butter, diced (Slightly softened)
450g plain flour (I sifted the flour)
1. With paddles attachment, mix sugar, eggs and vanilla together
2. Add in flour and and butter and mix till dough form
3. Keep in an airtight container or cling wrap, chilled for at least 2 hours.
4. Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes.
5. Bake at preheat ove of 170 degree for about 15 mins or till sides turn brown.