Oh this is nice nice nice. Soft, moist, chocolatey and yummy... I adapted this from I love Cupcakes blog. A very simple and easy recipe. You don't need to use mixer, just a mixing bowl and wooden spatula will do. Which means less washing... =P And you don't have to take out your butter out to the room temperature in advance, which is something I don't like to do. As sometimes, I might forget to take out the butter first or put too long and the butter get too soft.
Tips: To quickly bring the eggs to room temperature, you can always soak it in slightly warm water first while preparing the rest of the items.
Makes about 8 cupcakes for the below cupake size.
75g plain flour
30g coca powder
3/4tsp baking powder
85g of semi-sweet chocolate
160g unsalted butter
130g fine sugar
50g brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate and butter together. Let cool to room temperature. (You may start preparing the rest of the items while allowing it to cool)
3. Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together.
4. Stir in sugars into the melted chocolate mixture till combined.
5. Add in 1 egg at a time and stirring till combined each time.
6. Add in vanilla extract.
7. Fold in the flour mixture gradually. Do not overmixed.
8. Scoop the cupcakes into the prepared liners till 3/4 full (this will give you a nice dome)
9. Bake for 20 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
(For the above cupcake liner, I filled it with about 80g of batter each.)