Sunday, May 13, 2007

Brownie Muffins

It has been a little while since I have time to try out some other recipes. This week, I really wanted to do cg refreshment for my beloved N371. So I decided to sacrifice..., came back from my school on Friday night. Reach home at 11pm, yet to take dinner, the first thing that I did was to take out and prepare all the necessary ingredients needed. And I begin. Grab a few bites in between the baking sessions. Before that, I had been planning & looking for a recipe that I can use. So finally I chosed this after seeing so many good reviews about it in the forum. I have been eyeing on it for so long, yeah I can make it finally. At 2am, the muffins are all finally ready. I did another cranberries version with the chocolate chip muffins that I've made earlier, recipe from Yochana's blog. Verdict: FANTASTICS, good review from all those who ate it. Will post the other recipe I've made again.

Brownies Muffins by Imperial Kitchen



YOU NEED:
125g butter
150g 70% cocoa solids chocolate (like Lindt) OR Van Houten Cooking Chocolate
200g brown sugar
pinch of salt
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp rum, Tia Maria,Baileys or Kahlua (Can be excluded)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
150g plain flour
3 tsp cocoa powder
chocolate chips for scattering

HOW:
Roughly chop up butter and chocolate and microwave to melt, OR sit in a large (heat-proof) bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir to melt.
Stir in salt and sugar.
Stir in vanilla, eggs and rum,beat lightly to mix.
Preheat oven to 180C.

Sift in rising agents,flour and cocoa,stir to combine. Scatter 1 tsp chocolate chips in your liners,then half fill with the batter. Do not be tempted to fill more!
Scatter 1 tsp more chocolate chips overtop,bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until risen,springy and an inserted toothpick comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
If there is wet batter,bake a while more but monitor closely. Because if it comes out dry,you have overbaked it.
Cool a while before enjoying it warm.
This keeps well for a few days without refrigeration.

No comments: