This is the other cake that I did for my mum. I know its very ugly, I will try my best to improve.
Marbled Cake by Kitchen Capers
Yields 2 loaf tins(7 inch by 3 inch)
120 g Cadbury's Gold Chocolate
200g castor sugar
300 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 ml milk(UHT milk)
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside.
2. Add butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat till light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time to beat and mix evenly.
4. Add milk, essence to mix.
5. Add sifted flour and baking powder to mix till it forms into a creamy batter.
6. Lined and greased a loaf tin with baking paper.
7. Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
8. Add melted chocolate into one portion to mix till it turns light brown colour.
9. Pour the white batter into the loaf tin till halfway.
10. Scoop half of chocolate batter into the half-filled loaf tin.
11. Pour remaining white batter on top of the chocolate batter.
12. Bake in preheated oven 190 C for 40 mins or until a satay stick that is inserted into the cake comes out clean.
13. Remove from oven to cool completely before slicing.
You can also use the round cake tin that is used for baking Chiffon cake to make this a ring cake.