Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Peach Pound Cake

Mothers' Day was just over not long. This year, I decided to bake a cake for my mother and my mum-in-law. At the same time, I also stand in the gap and help Yah Lan to bake one for her mum and bring it to her house to surprise her, as she is away for mission trip in Taiwan. Yah Lan's mum was really shocked when she saw Ricky & myself popping up at her door. She started asking alot of questions, from who, why, what????? Heard from Yah Lan that she was very touched and like the cake =) yeah! So I chosed to do 1 heart shaped marble butter cake, 1 heart shaped and 1 round peach pound cake.

Anyways, it was a baking marathon again. After finishing baking those muffins on Friday night, I started baking on Sat night for these. Started at 11pm, ended at around 2.30pm. I can't believe it I'm baking late into the night. And it's really tiring but its definately worth doing it for my wonderful mothers!

Erm.. so I found the recipe and it was suppose to be mango pound cake but I used peach instead of mango. It should be nice since I didn't get to taste it personally but my cake decor was horrible and terrible lah. Even thou I have really tried my best. Please pardon me with the ugliest cake ever. It the heart that counts lor. But I was really disappointed to see the cake so ugly.. sob sob. Then some more, the boxes that i bought was too small, can see from the pics. Aiyo... why like that? Haiz, no choice in the end on Sunday, Ricky & I went round to deliver our love for our mothers. Below are the pics and recipes. (oh btw, I gave marble butter cake for my mum, will follow with the recipe in another post)



Mango Pound Cake by Kitchen Capers

Ingredients:
200g sweet mango flesh(diced) (I used canned peach)
250 g butter
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
200 g castor sugar (I reduced the sugar to 180 g)
half cup 100 & 1000 candies

Method for cake:
1. Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla essence and cream till well mixed.
3. Add sifted flour, baking powder and fold in gently.
4. Finally add chopped mango pieces.
5. Greased a round bake pan and pour cake mix into it.
6. Bake in preheated oven 190C for 40 mins.
7. Remove from pan and cool completely.

(Optional, I didn't use it, just normal whip cream)
Icing mix:
200 g cream cheese
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 drops of blue colouring

Method for icing:
1. Mixed soften cheese with lemon juice and blue colouring.
2. Set aside.

Method for icing on cake:
1. make sure the cake is completely cooled before you start.
2. Spread cream cheese on top and on the sides of the cake.
3. Pour the candies on top.
4. Leave it in the fridge for 30 mins to set the icing.

No comments: