This is a recipe from Cake Journal. It had the details for the cake version. This is more different from the ones that I had baked before. This is more dense but yet still moist and soft. I had added in some chocolate rice as I specially baked this for the YL mothers' gathering at Children botanic garden (Jacob Ballas Children's Garden)outing.
The outing was really fun. It's amazing at the children that we have in our zone. The kids totally enjoyed themselves. Le Xuan is still too young, probably have to wait for at least 1 year before she can play over there. The enviroment is very condusive and with various facilities available.
I had baked this after my friday night class, hence was too tired to take any pictures for this.
3 medium size bananas (180g) (mashed)
1tsp baking soda
2tbsp hot water
1tsp baking powder
225g plain flour
Preheat oven till 175 degree. Makes 12 standard size cupcakes.
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in 1 egg at a time and beat till just blended.
3. Mixed in the mashed banana.
4. Add in the water mixture.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder together. Fold them in the butter mixture.
6. Stir in the desired amount of chocolate rice.
7. Scoop batter into the cupcake liners till about 2/3 full (60g of batter). Bake for 18-20 minutes.