I had this recipe for a very long time, till I can't remember when was it. It was a Sat morning and I just feel like baking something. Looking through my list of recipes I found this. As I had bought quite a few packs of cream cheese, so its a good chance to use them up.
Taste is rather rich and taste really nice with the addition of the chocolate on top. Not too sweet..
Adapted from Table Bread
2 x 8oz packages kraft cream cheese (room temperature)
2/3 cup sugar
1tbsp pure vanilla extract
3 small eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 175degree. Makes 12 standard size muffins
1. Put one package of the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl a few times. 2. Blend in the remaining package of cream cheese.
3. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, then the vanilla.
4. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
5. Beat in the sour cream just until it's completely blended. Be careful not to over mix!
6. Scoop the batter in the cupcake liners and leaving about 3/4 cup of batter.
7. Mix in the cocoa powder into the remaining 3/4 cup batter and mix well.
8. Drop a heaping teaspoon of chocolate batter in the center of each, pushing it down slightly. Using a small knife, cut through the batter just until dark swirls appear.
Place the muffin tin in a large shallow pan and add hot water until it comes about 1 inch up the sides of the tin. Bake the cakes until set and slightly puffy, about 45 minutes.
Remove the cakes from the water bath, transfer the tin to a wore rack, and let cool for 2 hours. Cover the cakes with plastic wrap (do not remove from the tin) and put in the freezer until cold, at least 1 hour.
To remove the cakes, lift them out with your hands and peel off the liners. Place the cakes, top side up, on a serving platter or individual desserts plates. Top with the chocolate curls if you wish and refrigerate. Serve drizzled with the hot fudge sauce, if you wish. If there are any cakes left, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or wrap and freeze for up to 1 month.