I modify the recipe from my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. The taste actually turn out to be very different. It is very flavorful in fact. I added in some lemon juice and replace milk with buttermilk. However the texture was different, it is now more dense and crumbly compared to the original. I quite like it, goes well with a cup of tea!
Here's the receipe.
Makes 10 regular size cupcake
110g unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
85g self-raising flour
70g plain flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
1tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 175degree.
2. Sieve the 2 flours together.
3. Combined milk and vanilla together.
4. At medium speed, cream butter till smooth. Add in sugar and beat till light and fluffy for about 3 mins.
5. Add in 1 egg at a time. Beating well each time.
6. Add the flour and milk mixture in 3 alterante parts.
7. Fill to about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25mins.