Sunday, August 9, 2009

Orange Chiffon Cake

DSC03223aRecipe taken from Florence, always trusted. My chiffon fever is not over yet. Will be making more variety in time to come.


I had overbaked the cake a little, hence it actually turn out to be quite dry. Original uses a 20cm chiffon tube pan, but I only got 21cm. Hence actually need to reduce the baking time by about 5-10mins and I forget about it. I am not a big fan of orange chiffon, hence in terms of taste wise, I find it so so only. I can't remember if I did take any picture. Will post the pictures if I find them.


DSC03229a



115g cake flour
3/4tsp baking powder
(Sift together twice)

5 egg yolks + 30g caster sugar + 1/4tsp salt
60ml corn oil
80ml warm orange juice
1/2tsp vanilla essence
Zest of 1 orange
5 egg whites + 50g caster sugar + 1/2tsp cream of tartar

1. Preheat oven to 175 degree.
2. Use had whisk to whisk egg yolk until creamy in color
3. Add in corn oil, mix well, follow by warm orange juice and vanilla, mix well.
4. Add in the flour mixture into the yolk mixture. Fold in gently. Then add in zest.
5. Beat egg white till frothy, add in cream of tartar. After awhile, add in the sugar gradually.
6. Pour in 1/2 the egg white into flour mixture, mix well.
7. Pour back the mixture into the remaining egg white and fold in gently.
8. Bake for 45 mins in 20cm chiffon tube pan.
9. Invert and cool to remove.

No comments: