This is one of the longest time to try cake. I have always wanted to try baking a carrot cake. Finally after years, I did it! I love this carrot cake. It is quite unlike the ones sold outside. This is kinda light, soft and moist. The texture is more in-between light and dense. This recipes is taken from Yochana's site again. =) It contributed by Stephanie. Below is the adapted recipe for the carrot cake. Shall not post the cream cheese frosting here since I am not please with it yet.
125g softened butter
1/2cup corn oil or vegetable oil
1cup dark brown sugar
1/2cup golden syrup-maple flavor
pinch of salt
2tsp of ground cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2cup chopped walnuts
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1 2/3cup self raising flour
200g grated carrot soak in 1/2 cup milk for 10 mins
1. Line two 8inch tins with paper and grease lightly. Preheat oven to 180 degree.
2. Beat Ingredient (1) together till smooth.
3. Beat in Ingredient (2) together.
4. Gently stir in Ingredient (3).
5. Sift ingredient (4) and fold in gently.
6. Lastly, gently fold in Ingredient (5).
7. Divide the batter between 2 tins, bake for about 35 to 40 mins or until skewer comes out clean. Cool completely before unmoulding.