The browning. - Could have been better if it stayed in the oven 1-2 mins more.
Look at the speckles of the vanilla bean paste.
Vanilla Bean Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
60g corn oil
1tsp vanilla bean paste
100g Cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree. Prepare 1 x 21cm chiffon pan or 3 x 6" chiffon pan.
2. Using hand whisk (A) till combined. Add in (B) and mix well using hand whisk.
3. Whisk egg white till foamy and add in cream of tartar. Continue to whisk at medium speed till soft peak.
4. Add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peak.
5. Take 1/3 of the egg white mixture and mix into the egg yolks mixture. Fold in till combined. Add in the remaining egg white and fold in till just combined. Do not over mixed.
6. Pour in the batter to the prepare pan and bake.
For 6" pan, bake for 25-30mins
For 21cm pan, bake for 40-45mins.
7. Once baked, invert to cool.