I adapted this recipe from Oi Lin's Lychee Cupcakes. The results was good. The bits of pineapple are more visible, as I cut them into chunks.
120g cake Flour
120g plain Flour
2tsp baking powder
260g canned pineapple, chopped and pat dried
1tsp vanilla extract
40ml pineapple syrup/juice
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together
3. Add 3/4 of the pineapple into the flour mixture.
4. Beat egg & sugar at high speed for about 3 mins.
5. Add vanilla, juice and oil. Stir gently.
6. Fold in the flour mixture and let rest for 10-15mins.
7. Fill the mixture to almost full. Sprinkle remaining pineapply on top and bake for about 20-25 mins.