Monday, October 19, 2009
I got this recipe from Audrey. This is definitely a keeper for me. I love love love ginger. The muffin is soft and moist. The ginger and chocolate are perfect combination.
Makes 10 regular size muffins.
175g self-raising flour
1tsp baking soda
100g dark brown sugar
1/4cup maple syrup
50g young ginger minced finely
85g unsalted butter
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Take 1 tbsp of flour and mix it with the chocolate chips. (for coating so the chocolate chips won't sink to the bottom)
3. Melt the butter and water together.
4. Whisk the brown sugar and maple syrup together till the color becomes lighter.
5. Whisk in the egg. Follow by the ginger.
6. Whisk in the warm butter mixture.
7. Whisk in the flour gradually. Continue to whisk for a while to incorporate more air. Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Scoop the batter and fill the liner till about 4/5 full. Bake for about 20-25mins or till skewer comes out clean.
9. Cool on rack.