Monday, October 12, 2009

Chocolate Souffle

IMG_0351a
I had baked probably 1 month or more back. Keep sitting on it, didn't post it up. I can't remember if I did any changes to the original recipe. I took it from dessert magazine online. That's the problem, if I delay in posting, I will tend to have forget it. Anyway here is the version that I used. It was airy and not overly rich. "Doesn't make you feel fat." Haha. I ate it with ice-cream, nice!

60g bittersweet chocolate
30g unsalted butter
2 large egg separated
3tbsp sugar
1/8tsp salt
1/4cup icing sugar

1. Preheat oven to 190 degree. Grease 4 ramekin(small) with butter and dust with granulated sugar.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together. Whisk till smooth.
3. Stir in salt.
4. Beat egg yolk till thick and pale. Beat in the chocolate mixture.
5. Beat egg whites till soft peaks. Add in the icing sugar and continue to beat till stiff peak.
6. Fold in 1/4 of the egg whites, mix slight and then add int the remainging of the egg white.
7. Divide equally in the ramekins and bake for about 18 mins. It will puffed up and exterior will look set.

No comments: