Little piggy biscuit
This was done a few weeks back to celebrate the Mid-Autumn festival. It was rather last minute. Didn't want to do it initially but was encourage by Tricia and Audrey. Did about 1 kg of paste in the end.
After the first 10 minutes.
The final product
This is adapted from Baking Mum and Florence.
100g plain flour
100g hong kong flour
130g golden syrup
60g vegetable oil (Peanut oil is strongly recommended)
1tsp alkaine water
Egg glace: 1 egg yolk + 1tsp water (beaten and strained)
1. Mix oil, syrup and alkaline water in bowl over boiling water. Keep warm
2. Sieve flour into mixing bowl. Make a well and pour in the warm syrup.
3. Mix till dough is form. Let rest for 30-45mins
4. Use as per desired.
5. Bake at 180 degree for 10 mins. Bring out to cool for about 10 mins, then apply the egg glace and continue to bake for another 10-15 mins.
6. SERVE only after 3 DAYS. This is for the oil from the paste to seep into the skin for the fragrance and texture. Else the skin will be very dry.
For the cartoon moulds, the proportion is 27g of paste with about 14g of skin.