This is my 2nd attempt on the next day after the white bread roll. It was much successful. It is quite soft. But doesn't keep well on next day.
This will be best served within the day with butter/jam/soups.
1tsp instant yeast
1tsp caster sugar
1cup (250ml) warm water
100g plain flour
220g bread flour
1. Whisk yeast, sugar and water till yeast is dissolve. Cover and stand for abt 15 mins or till mixture is frothy.
2. Sift flour and salt into large bowl. Add in the yeast mixuture.
3. I used my kenwood mixer dough hook to knead. Knead till dough is smooth and elastic (abt 15 mins)
4. Place dough in large greased bowl. Cover and stand for about 1 hour or till dough is double in size.
5. Prepare greased tray. After 1st proofing is done, knead on flour surfact slight. Divide dough into 40g each and shape into balls.
6. Place dough on tray and cut a cross in top and grease the dough lightly.
7. Stand for 20 mins or double.
8. Bake in preheat oven for 15 mins.