195g bread flour
90g plain flour
12g milk powder
30g caster sugar
60g beaten eggs
45g unsalted butter
75g water roux**
Egg wash and cheese
250g water + 50g bread flour.
Combined water and bread flour in pot over low medium heat. Keep stirring till there is not lumps and resembles baby porridge. Transfer to bowl and cover top with cling wrap to prevent skin from forming. Remaining water roux can be kept in fridge for up to 2 days. If you see grey spots forming, please discard.
1. Put all ingredients (except salt and butter) into mixing bowl and knead. When dough is form, add in salt and butter. Knead till dough is elastic and smooth (about 15 mins).
2. Cover and stand for 40 mins or double in size.
3. Afer 1st proofing, remove from bowl and knead slight. Divide into 9 portion and roll into smooth ball shap. Rest for 10 mins.
4. Flatten dough and roll into longish shape. (if you want a stick type, roll thinner. Else it will become like mine)
5. Place in greased baking tin and proof for another 40 mins. Then brush egg wash over and sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake in the preheat oven, 180 degree for 15 mins.