Sunday, December 6, 2009

For Caihui & Ivy's birthday

I specially made for the cake for Caihui's and Ivy's birthday.

Shan, Eileen and Caihui came over for steamboat on Sunday evening. The steamboat was good and yummy except with a few hipcups along the way. Thank God, everything still went on well. I've used the steamed moist chocolate cake recipe and cover with chocolate gananche and some fondant decor.

Today, I baked another one for Ivy's birthday using the exact same recipe. However the chocolate gananche didn't turn out the same it was rather watery. I will indicate the methods in detail that I used to make in the next post. First chocolate gananche work very well, it didn't melt even thou it was put outside for a long while..

Hence, I had to redo the fondant for Ivy's birthday. Thank God, there is enough time and it actually turn out even better. I use the chocolate favor fondant from Bakels and my own made sugar paste for the rest of the decor.








For IVY


For Ivy (1st try)



For Ivy (2nd try)

No comments: