Thursday, August 23, 2007

Banana Chocolate Mousse Cake

I said I am going to do it ya. I was really thinking about it since that day after eating it at Ritz. Keke. So once again, I manage to take time to find THE recipe that I am satisfied with. Then I squeeze some time to buy the ingredient and I started baking at 11pm last night. I know if I don't do it, I will not be able to sleep. Hahaha.

I took the chocolate mousse recipe from Florence blog again. It is really helpful and has a lot of good recipes! Thank Florence!!!


Cake base:
Click Here
I made half the recipe only, as I only wanted 1 layer of cake base.

Chocolate Mousse:
155g chocolate block (chopped)
100g whipping cream
2 tsp rum
400g whipping cream + 2 heapful tbsp icing sugar (whipped)
8g gelatin dissolved in 4 tbsp boiling water


1 large Banana

Method:
1. Whip 400g whipping cream till mousse state and chill till ready to use.
2. Dissolve gelatin in water and keep warm for use later.
3. Double-boiled 100g whipping cream till hot but not boiling, add in the chopped chocolate pieces and stir till you get a smooth paste. Stir in the gelatin and rum. Cool the chocolate mixture a little.
4. Stir some whipped cream into the slightly warm chocolate mixture a few times. Pour chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and mix gently till well combined. If the mixture is runny, chill in the refigerator for 2 - 3 minutes.


Assembly of the Cake

1. Use an 8" cake ring to assemble.
2. Line the cake pan with a cake board and put in a layer of the cake, centralise it. (The cake should be smaller than the ring, not fitting exactly)
3. Slice the banana and laid it on the cake, then pour in the mousse.
4. Chill the cake for about 2 - 3 hours before serving.

No comments: