Ingredients: (10 pieces in standard paper cups)
5 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla esssence
55g warm corn oil / melted butter
60ml warm milk
80g cake flour
20g corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites
50g castor sugar
1. Sieve flour, corn starch and baking powder together.
2. Beat egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla essence together till thick and creamy. (I beat my egg yolk by sitting the mixing bowl in a basin of hot water).
3. Stir the warm corn oil/melted butter and milk into the yolk mixture. Mix well.
4. Fold in the sieved flour mixture and mix well.
5. Beat egg whites till white in colour and add in sugar by thirds and beat till egg white is stiff.
6. Fold half portion of the egg white into egg yolk and blend well.
7. Pour the yolk mixture into the remaining egg white and blend well.
8. Spoon batter into paper cups lined with baking paper up to 80% full and bake at 180C for 20 minutes or till golden brown.