Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sugar Cookies

I started my baking marathon today again! Spend about 5 hours to try out 3 recipes. I brought half the portion of what I have made to church for my friends, else nobody at home will eat them and will end up in the dustbin again.
First, I wanted to use my Pooh cookie cutter that Jo from Imperial Kitchen had helped many of us to make the purchase and imported it from Japan. Thanks Jo again!!! I decided to use this recipe from IK because it doesn't required any chilling. It was not as easy as I have expected, the dough is still very soft, not easy to manage. To me it taste okay lah, not too bad. Erm, think my friends say its nice lah. Here you go, the recipe


Sugar Cookies
Source: IK

1 cup butter (225gms)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg
3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).

1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Mix baking powder and flour, add one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. The dough will be very stiff; blend last flour in by hand (if dough becomes too stiff add water, a teaspoon at a time).
4. Do not chill the dough.
5. Divide dough into 2 balls.
6. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approx. 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dip cutters in flour before each use.

Bake cookies on an un-greased cookie sheet on top rack of the oven for 6-7 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.

No comments: