This birth forth after realizing that I still have a packet of top flour that is going to expired quite soon. So just thought of trying it out and in the end it turn out pretty decent and quite nice. The texture is pretty dense but still soft and moist. And I decided to name it top flour muffin. It is quite easy.
Btw, top flour is an extra fine flour that gives a extra fine texture to the bakes.
Top Flour Muffin
225g butter softened
180g caster sugar
225g top flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
2tsp baking powder
Chocolate chips (up to you on the quantity)
Preheat oven to 175 degree. Makes 12 muffins.
1. Cut the butter in small cubes and combine the sifted flour + baking powder + sugar. Using the machine and beat them till just combined.
2. Add in the vanilla essence and eggs and continue to beat till well blended.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter into the prepare cups, filled up only to 3/4 full.
5. Bake for about 20-25 mins.
Note: You can replace with plain flour or self-raising flour. Omit the baking powder if you are using self-raising flour.