Sunday, July 12, 2009
Yes, I had leftover of buttermilk. So found this delicious recipe from Nosh With Me. Her original was strawberry buttermilk cake. I baked them into cupcakes instead. But I think I was too generous with the blueberries, throw in the whole packet. Hence can't really taste the cake.
1cup plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
60g unsalted butter, softened
120g plus additional sugar for sprinkling
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2-2/3 pack of blueberry (corrected amt)
1. Preheata oven to 190 degree.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and soda together. Sieve.
3. Beat butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy. Add in vanilla
4. Add in the egg and beat well
5. Add in flour and buttermilk in 3 separate alternate sequence
6. Spoon batter till about 2/3 full and sprinkle some sugar on top.
7. Bake fpr about 15-20 minutes.